Summer Storms
We are having a lot of rain and storms but interspersed with sunshine and warm days, perfect Summer weather, for me anyway. It means the tanks and the pool get topped up and the garden gets watered for free without any effort on our part.
I've decided to wait till the topper arrives for the new bed before I set it all up out there, saves me having to strip it all down again when it gets here. I've also ordered a really pretty sage throw and matching cushion for the bed. No rush, we have no visitors pending, especially with this pandemic still raging although I predict that won't be for much longer, it seems we're all going to end up getting it and it will end up being survival of the fittest, as harsh as that sounds. We were extra careful in Wagga yesterday as far as sanitising hands and trolleys etc and always wearing our masks of course.
Today I will be finally vacuuming the carpets and shampooing as well with my new whiz bang carpet shampooer. I've decided to bring the soup maker and juicer inside and store it under the seat in the entrance way which is empty. That way it's close to the kitchen when needed. Neither will be needed until the weather cools down and the oranges start ripening on the tree in Autumn. The dehydrator will stay in the sleep out once we get a bench to set it up on and the mincer, well I haven't even unboxed that yet so not sure where I will put it. The bathroom needs a good clean so will get that done today while Phill is at work. He has a pretty full on fortnight so that will allow me to get a lot done. The spare room is a tip and I want to tidy that up and organise all my makeup and cosmetics that I keep in there. Also the kitchen cupboards and drawers need organising. And a wheelbarrow to make my new fairy garden in. So lots to keep me busy.
I ordered an electric ice maker which will be great for my n/a drinks and mocktails. My latest favourite is lime and tonic, lime cordial, fresh limes and tonic water with lots of ice. I am feeling so much better without the booze and I am finally working out why I have wasted so much time sabotaging myself. I am doing some reading and will get back into my SMART work as well as an online DBT course. I did it in the recovery unit but not sure if I was ready to embrace it back then, although I do use a lot of the techniques in every day living without even knowing it.
Comments
Post a Comment
Kind comments are always welcome.